COVID Protocols Update
As we welcome guests from across the region, we remain committed to providing a safe environment that meets a diversity of needs and aligns with the highest protocols for cleaning and service.
We are a mask-friendly campus, and we wish to be compassionate and show the same respect to those who opt to continue to wear a mask as those who don't. Thank you for your mutual commitment to the well-being and dignity of our entire community.
We have strengthened our standard cleaning procedures, while adding increased frequency measures for things such as wiping down common touch points and activity equipment.
- We will clean and disinfect luggage carts as often as possible during check-in and check-out. In addition, disinfecting wipes will be located in the front lobby if you wish to wipe down a luggage cart for yourself.
- Common areas throughout all of our buildings, and public restrooms on each floor of the main building will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected twice daily. Disinfecting wipes and toilet seat protectors will also be available in each public restroom. Please DO NOT FLUSH the disinfecting wipes.
- Hand sanitizer and wipes stations will be placed strategically throughout the property in order to help you keep your hands and personal items cleaned and disinfected. While these will be available for your use at any time, please be reminded that the CDC recommends proper hand washing with soap and hot water for 30 seconds over the use of hand sanitizer.
- All guest room sheets, blankets, and towels are laundered in-house, using professional cleaning equipment, commercial laundry detergent, and bleach to disinfect. High-touch surfaces will be disinfected twice during the cleaning process.
- To keep your room as germ free as possible, we will not be performing daily tidies during your stay. You should have enough toilet paper and other amenities for the number of days you are registered. Trash and soiled linens you would like removed from your room may be placed outside your door after breakfast each morning. Our floating housekeepers will take care of removing those items. Should you need any extra items during your stay, please contact the front desk by dialing “0”.
FOOD SERVICE, SNACKS & VENDING:
Food preparation continues to follow or exceed all Maryland health department regulations.
Our food service team is cleaning high-traffic areas, workstations, and equipment more than required using CDC and EPA approved food-grade cleaner and sanitizer. All food service staff are required to wash their hands and change their gloves between each task or every fifteen minutes when doing the same task.
- For those guests dining in the Water’s Edge Dining Room, meals will be served on plates and utensils will be available on the buffet line or at your table. Beverages will be self-service from the beverage stations in the dining room.
- We are asking all guests eating in the dining room to help us by throwing their trash into the large trash containers located in each section of our dining room and by bringing their dishes to the dish room window located in the back of the dining room.
- Breakfast will be continental, grab-and-go style with fresh fruit, yogurt, assorted pastries, and boiled eggs. Hot and cold cereals, milk, juices, and coffee will also be available.
- Hot food items will be served for lunch and dinner along with a salad and dessert items. Peanut butter and jelly kits will be available at all meals as well as kid-friendly entrees at lunch and dinner.
- We are happy to accommodate special diets including gluten-free, low-sodium, low-sugar and basic vegetarian. You are welcome to bring your own food if you have more restrictive needs.
- As always, our Front Desk has a variety of ice cream, candy, and snacks available and our drink vending machines will be stocked.
- Complimentary coffee will continue to be available 24 hours each day. The coffee machine will be cleaned and disinfected regularly throughout the day.
OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES, POOL & MARINA:
Unstaffed outdoor activities such as disc golf, basketball, volleyball, shuffleboard, mini golf and tennis will be available. You may disinfect equipment with the wipes provided at each activity, or sign equipment out from the front desk that has been disinfected for you. If you would prefer not to use shared equipment, you are welcome to bring your own.
- Palmer activity center will be open each day.
- Adventure activities will continue to have age limits and require waivers.
- The marina will be open Memorial Day through Labor Day (see the CampersApp for specific times), with canoes, kayaks, paddle boats, etc. available for use, weather permitting. If you would prefer not to use shared equipment, you may also bring your own United States Coast Guard approved Type II or Type III life jackets.
- Our main pool complex will be open Memorial Day through Labor Day. Towel service at the pool will be unavailable during the summer months. Please pack towels for you and/or your family to use at the pool. Please see the CampersApp for specific times.